Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! I am running a little behind on getting our photos up. Below are a few from Christmas. We were blessed to spend Christmas with Matt and Kelly's family. Matt and Kelly have become very good friends to us here and it was great being able to meet Matt's parents and sister. We also had a family and friend from the church Matt works at join us. We had a nice Christmas Feast in our backyard. It was a wonderful time of fellowship.

Katie, Matt's sister, brought a gingerbread house for little Melanie to build. I think Melanie had more fun eating the candy than anything else, but it was lots of fun to watch!

Above is Matt's mom and sister: Dena and Katie. And Emily and her 2 little ones.
Above is Ed, Matt, Matt's dad Doug, and Ken who is a friend of Matt's from church. Not in a picture is me and Kelly and Moses, Emily's husband who works with Matt.
This is our lovely Kenyan Christmas Tree!! You are able to get small trees here, but since we don't have ornaments or anything, we just decided to go with our lamp tree. It worked for a little bit of holiday cheer! :)

I hope you have all had a blessed beginning of the new year! We went camping over New Years Eve with a group from Rosslyn and had a great time! I will try to post some pictures from it next weekend. Tomorrow we are headed out to Mombasa on Kenya's coast. It should be a wonderful relaxing vacation before we start school next week. Pictures of that will be coming eventually in the future too! :)

God bless!
Ed & Tricia

2 comments:

anita said...

i love the tree!!! so "charley brown" christmas....anita

Unknown said...

ed: Great to find your blog. My son Taylor will be visiting Nirobi in Feb I believe with Compassion team. There will be several there making a video. If I can find out more details I will send them. Nonette Robinson