Monday, September 8, 2008

Here they are!!

This is a pic of the front part of our place. The white doors at the bottom go into our apartment area. The top part is part of the main house. Below you will see the beautiful scene we get to see everytime we look out of our glass front!

These next pics are of our view outside of our place. Our landlady has the most beautiful backyard! She also has a garden which would be down beyond where this picture shows. The pictures show from the right side of the yard to the left.
More beauty!
This is a covered area that she has. We have been blessed in that she has opened all of her yard to us. We can have a get together back here or do whatever we want. She also allows us to get things from the garden.
This is our lovely living room. Ed caught me ironing clothes. All the furniture we have was given to us by the school, and then we had to decorate with everything else when we got here. It is starting to feel homey for us. We are blessed to have a very large living room which has been really nice when we want to have get-togethers.

This picture is of course our bedroom. Our room is at an odd angle, so it was hard to take a shot of the whole room. It is not a big room, but it works for us. We were just extremely happy that we did have a queen bed and not just a double!

This is part of our kitchen. I spend quite a bit of time here cooking. Definitely more than I did in the states! :) We just got a microwave which we are so excited about! Instead of it taking 45 minutes to heat up leftovers it only takes 2!

I know I said we would have pics up by the weekend, but as you can see it didn't happen! Here they are now, though.  There are some of our place, inside and out. I will do better at taking pics from now on! Hope you enjoy these!

5 comments:

anita said...

i laughed when i saw your pictures...as usual...you know we imagine and have seen pics of africa...being desert and stuff...kinda like texas and everyone having oilwells and longhorn cattle...But the pictures of your living quarters are beautiful...tell your landlady her yard is gorgeous...

Mital Patel said...

Ed & Tricia--I'm so glad to be able to catch up on you guys through your blog! I ate lunch with Hideyo & Jewel a few weeks back and they did a good job with the update. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings!

Lee & Staci said...

I love your blog - it reminds me such much of the things we just went through in the last year. I remember the day we bought a microwave - I think I said "we have a microwave!!" atleast 400,000 times to Lee within the first 3 days we had it.

Your places looks great so homey!
Hope you're enjoying a great weekend.
-Staci

rose46texas said...

well i think you know thios is aunt Dianna and it just took my breath away when I looked at the pics if the place and the yard is breath taking. Sounds like you guys have a great landlady. God bless her. I know you both are thinking about the weather here. but seems and I hope it will be all ok. I talk to Nancy last night and they were in louisana I thought oh my. but she says they were headed to Eddie and Seans tomorrow. She sounded good over the phone. I worry so much about her but seems too be doing ok. Anyway we miss and love you guys so much hugzzzzzzzzz aunt dianna

rose46texas said...

ok I cant spell lol