Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update on life

Hello All. Unfortunately I am writing this blog from a hospital room this morning. Don't worry, we are okay. Yesterday morning Ed had 2 seizure episodes in our home. For those of you who don't know, Ed has had Epilepsy for about 15 years now. It has recently been under control and he went 4 years without a seizure until yesterday. Three months ago we had to switch Ed's medication because he can not get his previous kind here. We believe that is the cause of the seizures and therefore are looking at the dosage of his medicine. We are also looking at the possibility of trying to get his previous medication brought to us. Please pray that we have wisdom in deciding what to do about his medicine. Ed is doing well today. He is pretty sore from the seizures, but other than that is fine. We got to the hospital yesterday around 11:30am after the second seizure. Yesterday the doctors took blood to run tests for his blood levels. We are still awaiting those results. This morning he has an EEG test scheduled for 9:30am. Please keep us in your prayers as we make decisions.  We have no doubt that God has been watching over us. Ed has been taken care of well and I have survived my first seizure episode with him. We have been very blessed to have our Rosslyn family here for us. They have been such an encouragement. We know we have had a crowd of believers lifting us up. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. We'll keep you updated.
~Tricia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that we are praying for you. I received your emails but could not reply as I can receive but not send out. Am getting a new computer, when I do I will e mail you. All is going well here. Again you are in our prayers .We love and miss you. Keep us informed about Ed.


Jack & Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! I simply wanted you both to know that I am praying for you. If I can help in any way, please let me know. I cannot wait to see you this summer. Yes, FBC will help with the VBS needs you mentioned in your email. Keep me posted on Ed's progess. I love you both. :)
Blessings
DeAnna